Enterprise Knowledge Management (KM) solutions today have many of the important features, but they exist in disparate, poorly integrated tools across their portfolio. Knowledge management initiatives often fail due to the level of effort required to keep the data fresh. Furthermore, social technologies leveraged by organizations today are not designed for IT Operations. As the demand for more and higher quality services continue to increase, so does the need for organizations to consume and disseminate information for real-time decision making.
gen-E Resolve Collaborative Operation Manager (COM) can help meet those demands by leveraging the hidden knowledge that exists within organizations and focusing on decision support that goes beyond traditional knowledge management.
Resolve COM allows organizations to:
- Realize the true potential of IT operations by unleashing the knowledge hidden within the different teams, groups and people throughout the company
- Identify and capture processes to more effectively manage increasingly complex networks and support requirements
- Create, validate, and publish knowledge to the production knowledge base, providing intuitive visuals to display and manage complex knowledge processes, all drive by an enterprise social platform
Providing a collaborative application platform to support a wide variety of operations across Network Operations, Data Centers, Service Desk, Customer Care and other IT Operations groups, COM integrates with all IT operations and customer care platforms. Resolve COM allows companies to take the first step toward IT process automation by providing the tools to easily and incrementally catalog processes for future automation.
Combining social collaboration and knowledge management (KM) in unique decision trees (patent pending) that build-in intelligence and capture and catalog the knowledge, COM is able to:
- Pull in subject matter experts to capture "tribal knowledge" with activity streams
- Keep knowledge and procedures up to date
- Define, capture and document processes for automation
- Quickly create new processes
- Leverage unstructured information flows, aka hidden knowledge
- Collaborate on real-time customer issues
Key Solution Components
Offered as a stand-alone solution, the Resolve COM offers:
- An easy-to-use customizable application platform for knowledge experts such as help desk analysts or process analysts
- Unique to COM - decision trees that build intelligence into content search for decision making and management
- Content rating and search, with saved search history to increase end-user productivity
- A portfolio of collaboration features: dynamic forms, workflows, and tables that are implemented using the Interactive Workflow Designer and Enterprise Social capabilities