gen-E is Expanding our Team
We’re seeking a Level 2 Support Engineer to ensure customer satisfaction with gen-E’s portfolio of products, including the IBM Tivoli Netcool suite, post-implementation.
The prime directive of the Level 2 Support Engineer is customer satisfaction. The Level 2 Support Engineer serves as the customer’s primary point of contact for all communication and provides software support for all products developed and/or sold by gen-E, including the IBM Tivoli Netcool suite of products. This individual works closely with customers’ system administrators, supervisors, and technical staff, as well as other gen-E support staff, to provide successful and timely resolution of support issues.
The Level 2 Support Engineer is responsible for proper troubleshooting, escalation, and documentation of all customer issues, requests, questions, and concerns. This team member maintains ownership of these items from start to finish and is required to provide timely and high quality status updates to customer. The Level 2 Support Engineer is required to follow documented support processes and procedures and must demonstrate a commitment to customer service in all situations.
Specific Technical Skills
- 2-4 years experience with IBM Tivoli/Netcool Network Manager, or equivalent products such as Network Operations Insight Network Management (NOI)
- 2-4 years experience in network or system administration
- Experience with IBM Tivoli/Netcool OMNIbus and IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact, or equivalent products such as Network Operations Insight Operations Management (NOI) or Netcool Network Manager (NNM)
- Network operations or network engineering experience preferred
- Ability to function effectively in a virtual environment
- Interact and communicate effectively with customers
- Patience and respectful of customers’ needs and frustration
- Ability to work with team members to facilitate problem isolation and resolution
- Motivated and able to self-task without clearly defined explicit instructions
- Provide timely and accurate follow-up service to customers to ensure complete and successful issue resolution.
- Team-oriented and collaborative
- Disciplined, strong organizational and multitasking skills
Problem Solving Skills
- Experience in the Network Fault Management applications preferred
- Communicate to customers the steps necessary to maintain and update software products
- Isolate and identify root cause of customer issues
- Create Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
- Proactively stay up to date with all the latest technologies concerning assigned products and the underlying technologies.
- Recognize and escalate technical issues or requests within the Customer Support and Engineering organizations
- File enhancement requests and work with product development to understand requested product enhancements
Other Technology skills (highly desired)
- Operating system experience – Linux (Red Hat), Windows
- SQL database – DB2, Oracle, MySql, Postgres
- Network Troubleshooting – ping, packet analyzers, snmputils
- Experience with firewall technologies, including software and hardware
- Scripting knowledge
- Familiarity with IT management frameworks such as ITIL
- IBM Tivoli Netcool suite including but not limited to:
- Netcool IBM Tivoli Omnibus
- Netcool IBM Tivoli Network Manager (ITNM)
- Netcool IBM Tivoli Monitoring (ITM) or Application Performance Monitoring (APM)
- Netcool IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions (ITCAM)
- Netcool Tivoli Business Service Manager (TBSM)
- Netcool Configuration Manager (ITNCM or NCM)
- IBM Smart Cloud Control Desk (SCCD) Service Request module
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field preferred
- Physical Demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; able to read, write, and interpret written documents; occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- This position will be filled with a remote candidate in the United States.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Level 2 Support Engineer” in the subject line.