gen-E is Expanding our Team
We’re seeking a Junior Consulting Engineer to ensure client satisfaction, helping us to exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards
The Junior Consulting Engineer is responsible for managing, gathering, and processing information related to gen-E solutions so that gen-E products can configured, customized, integrated with our customer’s network. This position ensures client satisfaction in the initial solution deployment, provides client guidance, captures technical requirements, collaborates with Development and obtains client acceptance of the technical solution. The Junior Consulting Engineer will successfully meet or exceed business unit goals while maintaining quality standards, controlling expenses, and following company and business unit directives and practices.
- Engage on the deployment, configuration, quality testing and support all gen-E product offerings and integrated systems, ensuring that solutions satisfy all product, project and business requirements
- Communicate the work status to stakeholders
- Assist in configuring, customizing, and planning of new or upgraded systems
- Identify, assess and document, providing advice to stakeholders on options and risks
- Assist in Statement of Work research and preparation
- Identify and document the requirements of 3rd party systems, process or product/services in order to fulfill the business, functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Identify and assist the team in communicating action items that result from the information gathering throughout the gen-E organization
- Manage pre-and post-release expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems, or related degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience accepted
- The following languages or working environment skills is a must:
- Shell Scripting
- Java Scripts
- Should have understanding on Agile Methodology and participate in agile ceremonies.
- Should able to perform time management to the time optimum and able to prioritize the assigned tasks.
- Ability to create Requirements Document to share with other consultant or development team
- Ability to create simple SQL reports
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively utilize MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook). Experience with MS Project preferred
- Understanding of the following areas is preferred:
- Java based applications
- Open Source framework like Apache, ie. Kafka, etc.
- JSON / XML
- Rest API
- General office environment: Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Physical Demands: Manipulate, handle, feel, and control items or equipment; able to read, write, and interpret written documents; occasionally lift and move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- This position will be filled in Texas or Florida.
- Engineer must be able to travel up to 50% by car and/or plane, may include weekend travel; ability to travel internationally is required. Current passport and valid driver’s license required.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Junior Consulting Engineer” in the subject line.